Monday, November 28, 2011

Operation Money Grabber - Complete

     After countless hours of taking surveys, bidding for stuff on eBay, and begging for virtual money on Second life, Operation Money Grabber has finally come to an end. Honestly it couldn't have came sooner. I was not made to sit in front of a computer screen and fill out surveys. My talents can and will be put to better used elsewhere! Below is an itemized list of the money I've made and the new 10^6 blog total:

Operation Money Grabber Total
Starting money......................................................+$10.00
mTurk survey payment total.................................+$11.22
Debit card balance................................................+$0.17
Lindens exchanged for USD.................................+$26.94 (estimated)
eBay purchases......................................................-$0.22
Grand Total...............................$48.11

     In this little amount of time I've made nearly 40 dollars out of thin air! When you look at the numbers it's easy to see that Operation Money Grabber was a huge success. I also realize now that I've typed out the itemized total that I've "got some splainin to do," so I'll take some time to explain what each item means.
     After all of the survey payments came through for mTurk, the total amount I made was $11.22. (A screen shot of my final pay stub can be seen to the right) I was in awe when I realized that I completed 62 HIT's and was only paid $11.22. No wonder they call it the virtual sweat shop...
     Next item to discuss is the Linden dollars I exchanged for USD. You'll notice that next to the total I put (estimated) because the payment for those hasn't came through yet. I decided to not risk being kicked off of Second Life by making those gambling machines I talked about in an earlier post, so I took the money I made through begging and converted it to USD directly. I also realized that setting up the gambling machines in SL would violate 10^6 blog's rule #1 that I will not do anything illegal to make money. It's quite obvious that setting up an underground online gambling ring is definitely illegal. The good news though is that I should get a premium for those Lindens I sold because I put in the sell order when the market was up.
     You'll notice that the final item is a deduction for eBay purchases (notice the plural there). I told you all about the wrist straps I bought for 6 cents in the post below. What I neglected to talk about was the......."Super cute bear shape diamond earrings" (direct quote from the post) which I bought for 16 cents the other day. I know what some of you are thinking, and I assure you that I'm not crazy for buying these things! I'll explain my logic in a later post, but as for right now please accept my word on this one! Below is a picture of the earrings...


I mean you have to admit, they do look fairly attractive......right...........right?

Questions, comments, or spam, send it all here: tentoamillion@live.com

NEW TOTAL: $48.11

No comments:

Post a Comment