Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Apple Airport Extreme, Stocks, and Fireworks

Highlights:
  • I received the Airport Extreme today (it's awesome).
  • The URBN shares I own are flirting with their break even price.
  • No trade offers for the string/earrings yet... Death by fire? Or spare them?

(It's so beautiful)

Airport Extreme
After waiting a few days, the Apple Airport Extreme has finally arrived! It is in great condition, and the best part is that it works! I bought it off my friend Ian for 25.00$, and it retails for 170$+ so he gave me a great deal. Ian manages and promotes a charity called "The War fighters Support Network", so at least check out his web site here to thank him for helping out 10^6!

Urban Outfitters Shares
A few months back, Urban Outfitters' (URBN) price per share took a nose dive, and I decided to buy up 3 shares of their stock. Today, URBN closed within $0.75 cents of my break even price. This is great news because after the stock surpasses that price, I start making money! Below is a graph of Urban Outfitters price per share for the past 5 days:

It's almost time to sell!

The string and the earrings:
For those of you who have been reading 10^6 from the beginning, you will remember the camera strap (string) and earrings I bought off eBay for 17 cents total. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal at first! Now that I've hung onto them for nearly 3 months without one single trade offer, I'm starting to regret spending the money on them. So 10^6 viewers, I will let you decide. You have two choices, and they are as follows.

Choices
1. Someone sends me a trade offer (via email or a comment below) by Monday, April 9th 2012.

OR

2. I destroy the string and earrings with fireworks, and videotape the whole thing for your viewing pleasure.

The fate of the string and earrings are in your hands 10^6 viewers. Don't let me down.




41 comments:

  1. check out my Blog http://me3fxaa.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Urban Outfitters stock goes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger! I have a feeling that it will shoot to 37-40$ before the end of the year. All of the stock rating companies are upgrading it to hold or buy.

      Delete
  3. I choose fireworks!
    Good luck with those Urban Outfitter stocks, I always wanted to buy a piece of stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is easier than you think Jim! If you ever have 500$ laying around, read up on some stocks and when the times is right buy them!

      Delete
  4. seems risky, maybe i'll try stocks later

    ReplyDelete
  5. got to be the viewing pleasure :) nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. where do you go to buy shares...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go through a broker. I use ING Direct because they don't charge monthly fees, and they have a flat rate of 9.99$/trade.

      If you're interested in signing up with them (takes about 20 minutes to apply), I can give you a code that give you 25$ for joining and I think 5 free trades. It's a pretty sweet deal for just joining!

      Delete
  7. cool idea. the cheap stocks seem like a good way to go

    ReplyDelete
  8. would like to see those things into flames haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most definitely detonate them with the fireworks. Post to your blog and/or youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, fireworks are the only way to go, then post video proof :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is better with explosions. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. fireworks + video tap please

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, you really are getting me interested in stocks! Now I only need spare money!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am actually interested in getting into stock investments, what do I need to know?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, invested in Urban Outfitters? Fuck Urban Outfitters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog, interesting stuff, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blog is really amazing, right now I'm reading through it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every way to make money in Internet is good way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha Fireworks!

    http://memedoctor.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/#!/MemeDoctor

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey man give us moar posts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it's safe to say, we all want fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Yep!

      http://memedoctor.blogspot.com/
      https://twitter.com/#!/MemeDoctor

      Delete
    2. Looks like I'm going to have to deliver. The people have spoken.

      Delete
  22. I can most definetly say: Fireworks! Even though, you would have to spend some money on them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's alright, I'll make it all back in Youtube ad revenue! :P

      Expect a post in a few days about it!

      Delete
  23. I like your concept dude, but 3 shares of URBN? Won't commissions eat into your profits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're completely right, 3 shares is no where near enough for me to turn a profit easily. I only had 100$ though, so all I could afford was 3 shares. I'm very close to my profit line though!

      Delete