Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My First Penny Sale!

After about 4 months of collecting, counting, and sorting pennies, I've finally turned a profit. Although it is relatively small it's still a profit. I had a lot of fun looking at all those pennies and it was almost like a treasure hunt every time I picked up a bag of 1000 pennies.

I accumulated 10 pounds of pre-1982 pennies, with a face value of $15.50, and a melt value of $34.19. I sold the 10 pounds of pennies on eBay for $18.53. This netted me a total return on investment of 19.5%.

Like I said it's not a great profit, but I still had a lot of fun messing around with these pennies. A few readers have emailed me and said that they're also trying out penny sorting. Check out one of their blogs here. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making my 1 million dollars by sorting pennies and selling them for their copper content, so this may be my last post of pennies!

Finally, check out how one of the snowboards cleaned up!
I'm still looking for trade offers too!



Spam, comments, or questions -- Send it all here: Tentoamillion@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment